An opinion by Tafuti Roro.
SNAP Election Facts:
1. Only 57% of Registered voters vote this 2016 SNAP General Election
2. 58% of voters votes on losing candidates.
3. 920 is the average number of votes a winning candidate needs to Win.
4. There are 1141 Invalid votes altogether.
5. 24 % of the total Registered Voters vote for our newly elected 52 members of the Parliament.
And people, 24% in less than a quarter of Vanuatu’s total registered voters. One might assume, the newly elected 52 members of the parliament is not a fair nor good, very weak and poor representation of the People antap lo Red roof ya.
Who is to be blame for this continuous poor General Election turn out?
1. Electrol Office?
2. Political Parties?
4. The People?